Thursday, July 25, 2013

July 24th Update

I write in my Valhalla painting journal on my iPad every night after working on stuff, which is most nights.  I do this on my iPad late at night, and I can't post blog entries on the Safari browser, so haven't bothered trying to keep those of you interested in my daily doings up to date with daily updates, instead waiting until I've achieved some milestone and have pictures to make a significant post.

However, I noticed that Google has a mobile Blogger app, so I decided to install it and give it a try.  Here goes...

  -  Either continue building Plaguebearers, OR
  -  Play a 2,000 point game against Mike's Eldar.
         ==>> Actual =>> Mike was a no-show (is this the week he's in San Francisco?), so I banged out the other 20 Plaguebearers & got them built in a very nice variety of combinations of legs, bellies, arms & heads, and a nice assortment of poses, too, if I do say so myself...

Now I have to get them primed, but I'm not sure I'm going to dive right into them just yet.  I might treat myself to tackling one of the Plague Hulks next as a change of pace, being such a large model (as opposed to all the infantry I've been doing lately).  All of the models I originally planned for that I'll need at Valhalla are built, except for attaching the legs to the Hulks, which I'll do after I've got everything painted (legs & body).  (Also, I'd like to do a proper Nurgle Biker Lord to lead my Death Guard, and have worked that into the revised schedule...)

However, I couldn't stand what was going on in my mouth any more, so I went to the oral surgeon this afternoon to have him look at the bony protrusion where my tooth was extracted a month ago, and which has been rubbing against the underside of my tongue on that left side for about 4 or 5 days now.  He said that the gums would grow over it in time, but if it was really bothering me, he would make an incision, file down the bone & sew it back up.  

It really is bugging me, as it's painful and has become difficult to swallow and even talk, but I didn't want him to do it right then.  I have an important meeting at 8:30 in the morning (Thursday) that I need to be alert for, and I knew that after his ministrations I'd be in a lot of pain, would probably have a bad night, and be doped up on Vicodin in the morning.  So I scheduled an appointment for 10:00 AM tomorrow (Thursday) morning, and will likely be out of commission for at least a day, which really sucks, because my wife and daughter are both out of town until some time Sunday night, and this is a perfect opportunity to get a bunch of work done without worrying about being away from the family for a long time each night (and all day Saturday), and/or getting bitched at for it.  

Will have to see how I feel tomorrow after the surgery and some rest, and whether I need too much Vicodin to ease the pain to be comfortable with driving to my FLGS & back.  Thankfully the pressure to get as much done as possible has let up some with the change from going to Valhalla in August to going in October, but I can't let up too much, and besides, I'll just be bored out of my mind laying around the house.  If I'm OK to drive, I'll go, but if I have to hit the Vicodin hard just to survive (I don't do pain well), I'll just hang out at home and catch up on my codex fluff reading...

Hopefully at worst I'll just have to stay home tomorrow evening, and can get back to it Friday after work...  

We'll see...  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck, I wish you a speedy recovery!