Thursday, October 17, 2013

Mission Accomplished!!! All Is Ready For Valhalla!

Well, almost everything...  I have one Herald of Nurgle that I need to finish the basing, but I loaned it to my friend John to use at both DuelCon and Feast of Blades, and he lives in Albuquerque, and I live near Phoenix, so I might not be able to get that basing done until we see each other at Valhalla next week.

Otherwise, here's a couple of wide shot of everything that I got painted in the last 6.5 months, with a few exceptions, which I'll explain in a minute:


I need to do a more thorough post on everything that I was able to accomplish in the past 6+ months, but I wanted to get this post up ASAP, as I'll be leaving for Valhalla this coming Sunday, and between work, family and getting ready to go to Utah, I might not have time to do the subject justice (or at least the way I want to).

What's missing in the group in the above shots is one unit of 10 Plaguebearers, which I also loaned to John (they're finished), and the Herald of Nurgle I mentioned above.  What's in those pictures includes some things that either I had painted much earlier in my career, such as 3 Obliterators (Night Lords), and a single, 2nd Edition Chaos Autocannon Havoc plus two Night Lords Aspiring Champions to use with my two squads of Autocannon Havocs.

Also included in the group of models in the pictures above are some models that were part of my "Guest Artist Series" of Heralds of Nurgle that were painted by friends of mine, including Epidemius, a unit of 25 Plague Zombies (the large unit on the far left, which I built by kit-bashing the Cadian Shock Troops kit with the Fantasy Zombies kit) which my friend Aaron painted for me, and Typhus, which was also painted by Aaron.  Otherwise, everything else was painted by me during the time of writing for this blog.

The last thing that I was able to finish was painting/basing a Battle Foam X-Board display tray in a manner that would work for both my Nurgle forces and my Night Lords that are providing Heavy Support:  Prior to that, and after I'd finished the second Plague Hulk, I was able to get the edge highlighting done on both of my Heldrakes.  These two tasks, the edge highlighting of the Heldrakes and the purchase and painting/basing of the display board, were the last stretch goals that I was able to achieve, and marked the end of my preparations for Valhalla this year.  I finished the display board this past Tuesday, October 15th.


And here's how my "standard" 2,000 point list of CSMs (Death Guard and Night Lords) with Nurgle Daemon Allies looks on the board:


The display board was John's idea.  He's got one, too, and the plan is to avoid having to pack up after each game and then unpack again for the next game every day; instead, I'll probably be running the same list(s), or variations of them, most of the time, so I can just put the models onto the display board after a game, set it on a side table, go grab lunch or dinner, then come back and get my next game in, retrieving the display board (and my army) from the side table.  It will save a lot of time!

Sorry I don't have time to write more as a summary of all of my efforts, or include more of the pictures of the entire group of both CSMs and Daemons in this post.  I will do that as soon as I'm able, but for now, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm DONE with all my modeling, converting and painting, and ready to head North to Valhalla!

No comments:

Post a Comment