Friday, August 16, 2013

Pro Pics of My Chaos Space Marines


Hey, Folks.

A while back I promised that I would have better quality pictures of my Chaos Space Marines (and what Daemons I had done) than I was giving you courtesy of my iPhone and shaky hands.  Well, a few weeks ago my friend James Conley brought a good amount (but not all) of his photography gear to my FLGS, took a bunch of pictures of what I'd painted up so far in my efforts to get ready for Valhalla (plus some pre-existing models), and then used PhotoShop to clean them up and make them pop a bit.  So, here are the pictures he took for me.

The photo above is of my Night Lords Chaos Biker Lord with The Black Mace.  This is actually a model that I converted and painted up about 10 years ago, but with that spiked mace on the end of the chain, he was perfect for a Biker Lord to lead my CSMs and Daemon allies in games of 6th Edition 40K.  However, being a Night Lord, it didn't seem appropriate for him to continue leading what has become a predominantly Death Guard army, so with the additional time I have available to me now that I'll be going to the October Valhalla instead of the August one, I've been working on a proper Nurgle Biker Lord to lead my Death Guard.  But, that's another post for another time.  I've always liked this Biker, so thought I'd show him off here.

Next up we have a unit of Death Guard Plague Marines:


And here's all four squads of Death Guard that I painted up earlier this year, just a few months ago:


Here's a closeup shot of one of my Heldrakes:


And here's both Heldrakes swooping onto the battlefield:


Next we have the 5 Nurgle Chaos Spawn that I was able to crank out relatively quickly:


And in the background of this picture, you can see the two units of Night Lords Autocannon Havocs that I typically run:


Next up we have "Mr. Fat Pants" himself, the Forge World Nurgle Daemon Prince that I use as my Great Unclean One to lead my Daemon allies (and who will be leading my all Nurgle Daemons army once all those models have been completed):


And here's the GUO leading the twenty Plaguebearers that I have completed so far, which were the first models I painted for my journey down The Road to Valhalla:


That's it for now.  I'm hoping James will take another series of pictures of all of my Nurgle Daemons once I have them completed (I think he will), and when he does, I'll post those pictures up for your consumption.

As always, please feel free to post any comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment