Wednesday, June 12, 2013

First Heldrake Completed! (Almost...)

June 12, 2013

I don't mean to jump the gun, as I've got a whole step-by-step process article planned for this, but I keep running out of time, so I thought I'd pop up this quick post with some pictures of the finished product. 

I was able to get both Heldrake bodies finished in just 8 calendar days (can't recall the number of  hours put into them; I've got that written down in my iPad, will include with the step-by-step post), and in the past 2 days I was able to finish one set of wings, matte varnish and gloss varnish all the sub-assemblies (body, 2 wings), and get the wings glued on, and now I've got one Heldrake completed!

Well, almost...  I still need to do the edge highlighting on him, but that's going to have to be a stretch goal, or wait until I get back from Valhalla.  He's good enough for Valhalla as is, and with tonight and tomorrow night, I should be able to get the 2nd Heldrake completed, as well.

Here are some pictures of the final product.  Enjoy, and let me know what you think!:

No comments:

Post a Comment