Sunday, July 26, 2015

Finally! Pictures of My Secret PHR Project



I've been working on these guys for quite some time.  After the Helios were finished, Mega Mike suggested that I do something different for the walkers and/or the rest of my army. So with input from a friend at my FLGS, I chose orange as an accent color. The effect is quite striking, although it looks in like these pictures the Orange is a bit washed out and looks more yellow than orange. I took these pictures with my iPad in the FLGS at about 5:00 PM today, which was a bright, sunny day in Mesa, AZ. Two of the walls of the store are all windows, so there's lots of natural light, plus the fluorescent lights overhead.  I'm going to try to take some more pictures after the sun goes down to see if I get a truer color, but I suspect I'll just get a lot of reflections from the overheads. If all else fails, I'll take pictures tomorrow in my backyard, where I get decent natural lighting at dusk, but I wanted to get these posted (as I wait for gloss varnish to dry on the latest batch) so I can try to post on the Hawk Forum and enter these guys in the July Painting Competition.




I got the Nemesis and two squads of Ares/Phobos/Neptune, along with two Junos (with both turrets magnetized to run each as either variant) and a third Neptune finished quite a while ago, probably two months ago or more, and was working on another two squads of Ares and Phobos, three more Neptunes and four Mercury Drones when I got laid off (June 16th), and that derailed me for about a month.  But I've been working on finishing those up for the last 2 or 3 weeks, and they're almost done!

But for now, more pictures of the first batch:
















5 comments:

  1. Those look nice. I like the orange accent color on them, and that it looks like you have magnetized the dropships for carrying your models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gary!

      Yes, I've magnetized the Type 1s, and the Junos (not pictured). I use magnets on the Neptunes, but use washers on the vehicles so I don't have to mess with polarity, and because they look like they're part of the docking coupling...

      Delete
  2. Yeah, the pictures on my iPad suck, too yellow. I tried taking pictures with my iPhone, and by accident discovered that if I put my very white hand in the frame the phone adjusts the color to what it's supposed to be. So I took a bunch of pictures with my iPhone, and will try to get them up onto my new (old) laptop and get some posts in.

    Also, turns out I can't use the iPad to get pictures onto the Hawk Forum; at least, I wasn't able to figure it out. If anyone has a method of doing this, please chime in with a detailed tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paint jobs! They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good JD, really nice work.
    Would like to see a whole army shot soon

    ReplyDelete